Game of Thrones GOAT episode. KUB fucking destroyed

Talk about anything here.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Re: Game of Thrones GOAT episode. KUB fucking destroyed

Post by Incognito »

Robceltsfan wrote:Hot take: Bran wargs into the Mountain and kills Cersei.
I 100% thought Bran would warg into the ice dragon.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Madnessssss wrote:Can bran just warg into anything and anybody he wants? I only vaguely remember his warging episodes and that Hodor stuff. Don't remember exactly what his powers are except that he can see events from the past and something with Hodor holding a door and then having a seizure as a kid and only being able to say hodor

I'm gonna marathon the whole series again when it's done. Right now I'll just assume it all makes sense

He can’t warg into a dead dragon lol
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Ali Natural wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
I am not big into movies at all, you're right about that. More into series by far.

Just got done with the Series Hatfield's & McCoy's. I really enjoyed that.
Loved Breaking Bad & BCS.

I know I'm in the minority with GOT, but it just does nothing for me.

Clearly a faggot ass *****
You GOT triggered by this? LOL

Only making an observation Faggy McAssnigga
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Overall a cool episode but I found the ending to be absurdly predictable after they didn't show Arya during more than one run through of each character while the walkers closed in. You knew she was coming. It would have been much more cool if she was somehow wearing Bran's face there and Bran had permanently warged elsewhere or something. They should have consulted me because that's already a much better and more epic way to wrap the episode.

It was a very anticlimactic and uncreative finish to a battle that had a lot of creative spark but ultimately copped out by making things overly dark to mask the eh CGI, kind of like in the last act of the last Godzilla movie. It was also weak how few important characters died.

When the little mormont girl charged the giant I legitimately laughed out loud and my wife got upset with me. I just thought it was such an absurd moment.

I also agree that this was a weird ending to the white walkers and night king in general. It kind of reminds me of Snoke's death in The Last Jedi in that people came up with so many interesting theories over the years but it looks like the white walkers were just bad guys who wanted to kill everyone, you know, 'because.' Kind of gay. I am sure we will get some great character driven stuff now down the stretch but overall for the white walker stuff to end there is surprising.

Lastly I agree with what LNS said about the tension in the episode gradually diffusing. After the 10th last second rescue of a main, it starts to become pretty obvious that the mains are safe.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Incognito wrote:

Yeah it feels really gay that there had been so much Bran warging speculation with the battle against the walkers for years and
in the end he just sat there. Kind of surprised they couldn't give us something juicier.
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Overall a cool episode but I found the ending to be absurdly predictable after they didn't show Arya during more than one run through of each character while the walkers closed in. You knew she was coming. It would have been much more cool if she was somehow wearing Bran's face there and Bran had permanently warged elsewhere or something. They should have consulted me because that's already a much better and more epic way to wrap the episode.

It was a very anticlimactic and uncreative finish to a battle that had a lot of creative spark but ultimately copped out by making things overly dark to mask the eh CGI, kind of like in the last act of the last Godzilla movie. It was also weak how few important characters died.

When the little mormont girl charged the giant I legitimately laughed out loud and my wife got upset with me. I just thought it was such an absurd moment.

I also agree that this was a weird ending to the white walkers and night king in general. It kind of reminds me of Snoke's death in The Last Jedi in that people came up with so many interesting theories over the years but it looks like the white walkers were just bad guys who wanted to kill everyone, you know, 'because.' Kind of gay. I am sure we will get some great character driven stuff now down the stretch but overall for the white walker stuff to end there is surprising.

Lastly I agree with what LNS said about the tension in the episode gradually diffusing. After the 10th last second rescue of a main, it starts to become pretty obvious that the mains are safe.
Could Arya have worn Bran's face without killing him?
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

And if the NK always knows where Bran is, would that have even fooled him? I guess that's as believable as him being fooled by the knife drop move tho.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

No, but couldn't Bran have permanently warged into someone else thus allowing his marked, crippled body to be used by Arya? Not a perfect plan but you've got to admit there's something there, would have been a cooler scene.
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Incognito wrote:

Yeah it feels really gay that there had been so much Bran warging speculation with the battle against the walkers for years and
in the end he just sat there. Kind of surprised they couldn't give us something juicier.
The show is way too rushed now to flesh things out. No March of the Night King's army. Dothraki are wasted like that because they didn't want or have time to film a cavalry scene. Why hype up Dothraki for years, and then have them get annihilated in just a few seconds? lmao.

Season 8 should have been a lead up to The Long Night/ Battle of Ice vs. Fire, and 9 should cover the events of A Dream of Spring. Instead we get 6 rushed episodes that cover 2+ books. What the FUCK?
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

Kobeunderbite wrote:No, but couldn't Bran have permanently warged into someone else thus allowing his marked, crippled body to be used by Arya? Not a perfect plan but you've got to admit there's something there, would have been a cooler scene.
Maybe. That move seems a little OP, especially for a character that has historically been stand offish.

I'm an Arya fan boi but I can admit that sneaking past 20 White Walkers and surprising the NK (who I thought also had foresight, but I guess not) with a knife drop is also OP.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Incognito wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:
Incognito wrote:

The show is way too rushed now to flesh things out. No March of the Night King's army. Dothraki are wasted like that because they didn't want or have time to film a cavalry scene. Why hype up Dothraki for years, and then have them get annihilated in just a few seconds? lmao.

Season 8 should have been a lead up to The Long Night/ Battle of Ice vs. Fire, and 9 should cover the events of A Dream of Spring. Instead we get 6 rushed episodes that cover 2+ books. What the FUCK?

The show was really damaged as soon as they realized they couldn't keep these actors on board for long enough to coherently bring the story together. So the pacing got destroyed and we've been in a mad dash to the finish line sprinkled with deus ex machina and now the white walker story looks like another sad casualty of that. Seasons and seasons of hype completely resolved in one battle lol. And they could have at least given us a more meaningful Bran-Night King encounter. All we get is some staring and a smirk.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

LACANO wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:No, but couldn't Bran have permanently warged into someone else thus allowing his marked, crippled body to be used by Arya? Not a perfect plan but you've got to admit there's something there, would have been a cooler scene.
Maybe. That move seems a little OP, especially for a character that has historically been stand offish.

I'm an Arya fan boi but I can admit that sneaking past 20 White Walkers and surprising the NK (who I thought also had foresight, but I guess not) with a knife drop is also OP.

It's possible Melisandre used her last magic to cloak her, or that she was wearing the face of a WW or something. We also got some foreshadowing when she snuck up on Jon in the same spot and when Bran gave her the dagger in that spot 1-2 episodes ago.

Not that people aren't already making enough excuses for the anticlimactic nature of the episode.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LACANO wrote:

The scene right before the NK goes to raise his sword on Bran is one of a Walker who turns his head. My guess is that was the face she took and then was able to charge the NK without sneaking past thousands of them. We have no definitive proof of that yet, but it makes more sense than her just sneaking past all of them when she barely made it out of the library a half hour beforehand with a fraction of the amount of dead.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
LACANO wrote:

The scene right before the NK goes to raise his sword on Bran is one of a Walker who turns his head. My guess is that was the face she took and then was able to charge the NK without sneaking past thousands of them. We have no definitive proof of that yet, but it makes more sense than her just sneaking past all of them when she barely made it out of the library a half hour beforehand with a fraction of the amount of dead.

They should have just showed it then instead of having fans guessing. I can’t stress enough how disappointed I am that the white walkers ended in that fashion.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

3effs wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
LACANO wrote: Maybe. That move seems a little OP, especially for a character that has historically been stand offish.

They should have just showed it then instead of having fans guessing. I can’t stress enough how disappointed I am that the white walkers ended in that fashion.
I think showing that lessens the shock value of her flying in out of nowhere, which dampens the surprise of the moment when she attacks him.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
LACANO wrote:

I think you may have missed the entire point of the shot where the whitewalker captain turns his head.

The only point of that shot was to show his hair moving (as if something is coming by him rapidly), and him turning his head to see what it is.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

The show was really damaged as soon as they realized they couldn't keep these actors on board for long enough to coherently bring the story together. So the pacing got destroyed and we've been in a mad dash to the finish line sprinkled with deus ex machina and now the white walker story looks like another sad casualty of that. Seasons and seasons of hype completely resolved in one battle lol. And they could have at least given us a more meaningful Bran-Night King encounter. All we get is some staring and a smirk.
Seasons and seasons of hype completely resolved in one battle lol.

^ definitely the worst part of it all. White Walkers are introduced in the series opener. There better be some an animated short that explains White Walkers, Bran, and the Night King.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
LACANO wrote: Maybe. That move seems a little OP, especially for a character that has historically been stand offish.

I think you may have missed the entire point of the shot where the whitewalker captain turns his head.

The only point of that shot was to show his hair moving (as if something is coming by him rapidly), and him turning his head to see what it is.
So apparently Arya is Usain Bolt? Doubtful. Unless they explain the sequence through the show or books, we will never know.

My guess is she took that Walker over.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

There are definitely ways to explain how Arya pulled it off but none make the scene any more satisfying.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kobeunderbite wrote:There are definitely ways to explain how Arya pulled it off but none make the scene any more satisfying.
You and I differ there, but admittedly I haven't read the books yet. I liked that scene.

You think Martin's alive to finish the series?