Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Obese Mexican Andy Ruiz just crushed Anthony Joshua

Post by LNS »

:haha2:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Joshua simply got his ass handed to him...He got a little too cocky / careless in the 3rd round and ate two left hooks and an overhand right, and he never recovered from those punches...

Ruiz isn't chiseled, but the dude has some real boxing skills...
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rileymartin wrote:Joshua simply got his ass handed to him...He got a little too cocky / careless in the 3rd round and ate two left hooks and an overhand right, and he never recovered from those punches...

Weird stoppage though, no? I mean you could see that AJ wanted out when he kept looking nervously to his corner after the knockdowns in the 3rd (and again in the 7th), and he didn’t help his cause by turning his back to the ref (although I’ll give him a pass on spitting out his mouthpiece.... it’s an effective old school “cheat” when you need to buy yourself extra time). I think the ref should’ve let it go on a bit longer, but conversely he might’ve saved AJ from more of a pounding.

I didn’t make a prediction on this board but I thought it’d go the distance but with AJ getting an easy UD. I figured he’d fight him similar to how he beat Joseph Parker (lots of jabbing, clinching and movement), but instead he went in for the kill and paid the price.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Bets on the fight were reportedly a heavily one-sided affair, with 92 percent of tickets and 96 percent of money being bet on the Brit, according to a PointsBet official.

That money is now all gone. Some lost bigger than others:

A bettor in Vegas placed a $100k bet on AJ in an attempt to win $5k.

:kobewhatnew: :pjaxlol: :rosenew: :lamontlol:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

manchild98 wrote:Bets on the fight were reportedly a heavily one-sided affair, with 92 percent of tickets and 96 percent of money being bet on the Brit, according to a PointsBet official.

Just to win $5K? What an idiot.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
manchild98 wrote:Bets on the fight were reportedly a heavily one-sided affair, with 92 percent of tickets and 96 percent of money being bet on the Brit, according to a PointsBet official.

Just to win $5K? What an idiot.
Yup. I never understood when a person does that. The risk is not worth the reward at all. Plus it's sports...and boxing on top of that. How many fights end up with controversial decisions, etc?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LNS wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Joshua simply got his ass handed to him...He got a little too cocky / careless in the 3rd round and ate two left hooks and an overhand right, and he never recovered from those punches...

Weird stoppage though, no? I mean you could see that AJ wanted out when he kept looking nervously to his corner after the knockdowns in the 3rd (and again in the 7th), and he didn’t help his cause by turning his back to the ref (although I’ll give him a pass on spitting out his mouthpiece.... it’s an effective old school “cheat” when you need to buy yourself extra time). I think the ref should’ve let it go on a bit longer, but conversely he might’ve saved AJ from more of a pounding.

I didn’t make a prediction on this board but I thought it’d go the distance but with AJ getting an easy UD. I figured he’d fight him similar to how he beat Joseph Parker (lots of jabbing, clinching and movement), but instead he went in for the kill and paid the price.
Not really...The ref gave Joshua every chance to show he wanted to continue, and he simply didn't...I think the stoppage was justified...