For those who have left due to “migration”

Talk about anything here.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Re: For those who have left due to “migration”

Post by Bartman »

The same people have been making threads about the board dying since it started. Look earlier in this thread, I posted a screenshot of VF saying the same thing going back to 2015.

The board is what it is - we're not a huge community, but we have lasted for 5 years. If people who have left voluntarily want to come back, they'd be welcome
Honestly, I’ve been absent too long to determine whether the board dying, however, I do have a few observations about it. ABE leaving was a huge hit to AG. Now Madnessss is disgruntled about AG to the point he wants all us to migrate to a new Board. LNS has mentioned that he has been thinking of quitting the board. Then you have this place grinding to a halt at times during the busiest time of the year when the Finals are airing. These are red flags that the Board isn’t healthy anymore. Add bad moderation to the equation and the prognosis is bleak. I wouldn’t be concerned about it too, if these were minor posters that weren’t satisfied with the board but were talking about the best and most prolific posters to ever grace AG. It’s better to be proactive and do something to fix the problems at AG then to bury your head in the sand and expect the Board to bounce back, there very well could be a time it doesn’t bounce back at all.
(Also, ripper didn't write the rules. Y2K and I did. And I listed every banning or greening in the last year. The previous year looks about the same. You will not find a board outside of 4chan that bans less.)
I don’t think the rules are the problem. If you listen to Madness and Artman, it is the inequity of how the rules are enforced especially by Ripper that is the problem.
Bart - I'm happy you came back, and you are always welcome here, but the bulk of your posts have been complaining about moderation or talking about the board dying or wanting to leave. Isn't that boring?

I like when you talk sports and other topics. Everything doesn't need to be a meta-thread about the forum.
Actually the bulk of my posts is not complaining or talking about the board dying. The bulk of my posts are arguing with LNS, talking NBA and trolling random posters. I’ve always respected you, FPL, I think you have tried your best to keep the community together but keeping Ripper as mod could eventually lead to the demise of this place. Like I said earlier, losing top posters because they get tired of Ripper’s antics isn’t something this place can afford to do. He’s the worst type of mod because he takes things personally and uses his position to punish posters he doesn’t like. KUB is another one who abuses his power. It really doesn’t seem that hard to change out a mod or two with another member of this forum. What would be the big deal of letting Ripper and/or KUB go? It seems like it’s worth a try. Can you give an explanation as to why we can’t just try it out?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bartman wrote:
The same people have been making threads about the board dying since it started. Look earlier in this thread, I posted a screenshot of VF saying the same thing going back to 2015.

The board is what it is - we're not a huge community, but we have lasted for 5 years. If people who have left voluntarily want to come back, they'd be welcome
Honestly, I’ve been absent too long to determine whether the board dying, however, I do have a few observations about it. ABE leaving was a huge hit to AG. Now Madnessss is disgruntled about AG to the point he wants all us to migrate to a new Board. LNS has mentioned that he has been thinking of quitting the board. Then you have this place grinding to a halt at times during the busiest time of the year when the Finals are airing. These are red flags that the Board isn’t healthy anymore. Add bad moderation to the equation and the prognosis is bleak. I wouldn’t be concerned about it too, if these were minor posters that weren’t satisfied with the board but were talking about the best and most prolific posters to ever grace AG. It’s better to be proactive and do something to fix the problems at AG then to bury your head in the sand and expect the Board to bounce back, there very well could be a time it doesn’t bounce back at all.
(Also, ripper didn't write the rules. Y2K and I did. And I listed every banning or greening in the last year. The previous year looks about the same. You will not find a board outside of 4chan that bans less.)
I don’t think the rules are the problem. If you listen to Madness and Artman, it is the inequity of how the rules are enforced especially by Ripper that is the problem.
Bart - I'm happy you came back, and you are always welcome here, but the bulk of your posts have been complaining about moderation or talking about the board dying or wanting to leave. Isn't that boring?

I like when you talk sports and other topics. Everything doesn't need to be a meta-thread about the forum.
Actually the bulk of my posts is not complaining or talking about the board dying. The bulk of my posts are arguing with LNS, talking NBA and trolling random posters. I’ve always respected you, FPL, I think you have tried your best to keep the community together but keeping Ripper as mod could eventually lead to the demise of this place. Like I said earlier, losing top posters because they get tired of Ripper’s antics isn’t something this place can afford to do. He’s the worst type of mod because he takes things personally and uses his position to punish posters he doesn’t like. KUB is another one who abuses his power. It really doesn’t seem that hard to change out a mod or two with another member of this forum. What would be the big deal of letting Ripper and/or KUB go? It seems like it’s worth a try. Can you give an explanation as to why we can’t just try it out?

Wait a minute. That little bastard Undies is a mod? Since when? And what power does he have?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I listed every single greening or banning in the past year. There is no other board as lenient.

Ripper and Underbite helped found the board and prevented it from being deleted. They are not going anywhere.

I responded to every single specific complaint about moderation decisions in this thread. Not generalities - specifics. Because Madness and Riley brought them up, I explained moderation decisions from TWO YEARS AGO. These aren’t decisions made arbitrarily. These are the rules I made and decisions I agree with.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Wait a minute. That little bastard Undies is a mod? Since when? And what power does he have?

In a high pitched faggy voice:

What would be the big deal of letting Ripper and/or KUB go? It seems like it’s worth a try. Can you give an explanation as to why we can’t just try it out?

-Bartfag

:haha2:
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Da Stars. wrote:Wait a minute. That little bastard Undies is a mod? Since when? And what power does he have?
He’s not. He has a webmaster role. It lets him add smileys and banners or edit ranks and user titles. And edit the styles.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

:mjcrying:
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Titty pics should be allowed, just saying
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

FPL wrote:I listed every single greening or banning in the past year. There is no other board as lenient.

Ripper and Underbite helped found the board and prevented it from being deleted. They are not going anywhere.

I responded to every single specific complaint about moderation decisions in this thread. Not generalities - specifics. Because Madness and Riley brought them up, I explained moderation decisions from TWO YEARS AGO. These aren’t decisions made arbitrarily. These are the rules I made and decisions I agree with.

Dude you don't have to explain yourself or justify any actions taken to an absolute nobody like Bartman. Madnesss is a non-issue as well, hung up on some petty shit any normal person would've gotten over in 6 minutes after the fact. He ain't leaving no matter what, so we could continue to make him our bitch and it wouldn't move anyone's needle, not even his. As for Riley, just let him sleep it off he may have been overserved this morning at Coco's open face turkey sandwich brunchfest.

It's all just hot air, ain't nobody going anywhere. You don't need to explain your brilliance to such peasants. Fuck'em.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

lettherebehouse wrote:
FPL wrote:I listed every single greening or banning in the past year. There is no other board as lenient.

Dude you don't have to explain yourself or justify any actions taken to an absolute nobody like Bartman. Madnesss is a non-issue as well, hung up on some petty shit any normal person would've gotten over in 6 minutes after the fact. He ain't leaving no matter what, so we could continue to make him our bitch and it wouldn't move anyone's needle, not even his. As for Riley, just let him sleep it off he may have been overserved this morning at Coco's open face turkey sandwich brunchfest.

It's all just hot air, ain't nobody going anywhere. You don't need to explain your brilliance to such peasants. Fuck'em.
That was disgusting display of ass kissing even for you, House.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I found a video of Ripper and House...

[youtube]MGlRD_WzqOo[/youtube]
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

rileymartin wrote:I found a video of Ripper and House...

[youtube]MGlRD_WzqOo[/youtube]

:lamontlol:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

lettherebehouse wrote:

Exactly. That little pussy has no pull here or in real life. What kind of man bitches and moans about how “unfair” something is? Jesus Christ grow some nut hair, Bartfag.

“C-C-CA-CAN’T WE JUST TRY TO TAKE AWAY R-R-RI-RIPPERS M-M-MOD POWEEERRRSSS?!?!”

:pjaxlol:
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Quite a bit of gay shit going on itt.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

LNS wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

Exactly. That little pussy has no pull here or in real life. What kind of man bitches and moans about how “unfair” something is? Jesus Christ grow some nut hair, Bartfag.

“C-C-CA-CAN’T WE JUST TRY TO TAKE AWAY R-R-RI-RIPPERS M-M-MOD POWEEERRRSSS?!?!”

:mjlaugh:
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

The mod wars ended like 5 years ago. If you were greened for posting some questionable shit, just get over it.

And why is Artman bitching about moderation? He's given more leeway than any user.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Lmao! @ riley's dementia riddled reason.

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:Lmao! @ riley's dementia riddled reason.

FPL dropped a smooth 9 upside riley's house poor ass!
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

I was unaware we had so many candy asses in this place.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Da Stars. wrote:I was unaware we had so many candy asses in this place.
You play skeeball for money.

:stephena:
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:I was unaware we had so many candy asses in this place.
You play skeeball for money.

:stephena:

What is Skeeball?