Re: who you rolling with? 🤔

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Other: Ben Wallace
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

William Felton Russell
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Bill Laimbeer

:mjlaugh:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Of the pictured players I like Timothy the most.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

D Whight
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Dwight Howard held Joker to 18/9/5 over 9 games... and Howard was age 30-36 at the time, so not his best.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:52 am William Felton Russell
6'9, 210 pound Russell against a 7-foot, 280-pound Joker??

You're trolling, right?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Hakeem or Joel
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Mugsey
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:25 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:52 am William Felton Russell
6'9, 210 pound Russell against a 7-foot, 280-pound Joker??

You're trolling, right?

:noidea:
You keep telling me he's slow and unathletic?

Russell held Wilt WAY OFF his normal averages giving up more size than that. :noidea:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

In 61-62, Will averaged 51.9 ppg against teams not named the Boston Celtics.

Against the Celtics, he averaged 41.7.

In the playoffs against the Celtics, he averaged 33.6.

Yeah, I think Russell could slow down just about ANYONE.

~George Carlin~
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Russel would get his ass handed to him by jokic just like wilt did to him. Wilt had entire teams game planning to stop him and he still dominated. Ben Wallace is the best defensive player in NBA history so I'll go with him.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm Russel would get his ass handed to him by jokic just like wilt did to him. Wilt had entire teams game planning to stop him and he still dominated. Ben Wallace is the best defensive player in NBA history so I'll go with him.
I LITERALLY just showed you how much Bill was able to slow down the great Wilt Chamberlain. :lol:

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm
xer0 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm Russel would get his ass handed to him by jokic just like wilt did to him. Wilt had entire teams game planning to stop him and he still dominated. Ben Wallace is the best defensive player in NBA history so I'll go with him.
I LITERALLY just showed you how much Bill was able to slow down the great Wilt Chamberlain. :lol:
I don't give a shit, and you can prove that Russel is the sole purpose for that, Russell himself would have said it was a team effort, nobody knew better than Russel that he by himself is a sitting duck against wilt, way way better player.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

xer0 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:53 pm
Robceltsfan wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:44 pm
I don't give a shit, and you can prove that Russel is the sole purpose for that, Russell himself would have said it was a team effort, nobody knew better than Russel that he by himself is a sitting duck against wilt, way way better player.
Yeah.....no. Keep dreaming.

Defense is always about "the team"....but the anchor is the most important piece. Russell was the anchor BY A LOT.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The Celtics were 1st in defensive rating in 1969 with old man Russell, and 8th/14 in 1970 after he retired but with the number 2-5th guys (by minutes played in 1969) coming back.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It's always tough when you're talking about an player of the older days playing a current player or playing in a current era.

Like with Bill are we just saying we time travel Russell in his prime to today and have him defend Jokic with no knowledge of the style of play Jokic has or the three point takeover (prime Bill never played when 3s were a thing but feel free to correct me if I am wrong there).

Or are we saying Bill Russell is born in 1997 and has all the same mental and physical gifts but knows about modern basketball and the way it's played today.

Because I think two people who are debating this need to come to an agreement about this before continuing. Otherwise it's just semantics of how that person interprets prime Bill Russell guarding prime Jokic.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 pm It's always tough when you're talking about an player of the older days playing a current player or playing in a current era.

Like with Bill are we just saying we time travel Russell in his prime to today and have him defend Jokic with no knowledge of the style of play Jokic has or the three point takeover (prime Bill never played when 3s were a thing but feel free to correct me if I am wrong there).

Or are we saying Bill Russell is born in 1997 and has all the same mental and physical gifts but knows about modern basketball and the way it's played today.

Because I think two people who are debating this need to come to an agreement about this before continuing. Otherwise it's just semantics of how that person interprets prime Bill Russell guarding prime Jokic.
The latter.

To be fair, even prime Dwight/Timmy didn't deal with "today's" style of play. They were still just trolling the interior.

~George Carlin~