Has The Joker Lost A Little Luster With Last Night's Loss?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Has The Joker Lost A Little Luster With Last Night's Loss?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Please discuss. Thank you.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Has The Joker Lost A Little Luster With Last Night's Loss?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Many on this board will blame Joker's "tomato can" teammates, same way they did 17 previous times for LeFraud... of course when MJ was getting beat by the 4-5 HOF stacked Celtics and Pistons, it had nothing to do with him playing with tomato cans.

But... I digress.

As for Joker, he's putting up great "stats" the an Era where accumulating stats has never been easier, and yes he won a Championship last year; however if we're honest, it was against very weak competition overall. Point is, there was really no "luster" to be lost.

He, like LeFraud, Luka, Embiid, and many others are great stat guys in a super-friendly stat era, but when it comes to Winning there isn't a single elite "winner" in the league today (save for maybe Steph... maybe).

Joker was Top 20-22 all-time before this loss... with the loss he's down to around Top 25 all-time. Still a lot more time left to get that "luster", but heading into his 10th NBA season next year time is starting to tick.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Players not named Jokic or Murray went 8 for 28 last night....28.6%.

In the second half, players not named Jokic or Murray went 2 for 11....18.2%.

Jokic will be just fine.

Meanwhile, Ant Edwards went 6 for 24 and got a win....as the 3rd leading scorer on his team.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

No answer for the twin towers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

He’s basically Vlade Divac minus the Marlboros
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

He was never as good as his dickriders claimed, but he’s also unfortunate to play in the deepest and most talented era in history. In today’s era, literally anybody can lose to anybody. It’s a bloodbath out there.

Too bad he doesn’t play in the watered-down scrub ‘90s. Oh well.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I'm sure he'll be fine. Can't win em all.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

zombiesonics wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 am He was never as good as his dickriders claimed, but he’s also unfortunate to play in the deepest and most talented era in history. In today’s era, literally anybody can lose to anybody. It’s a bloodbath out there.

Too bad he doesn’t play in the watered-down scrub ‘90s. Oh well.
It's a bloodbath of mediocre competition competing against mediocre competition, fool... there is not one single "elite/great" team in the league today.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If you anchor everything to a common standard, which is what fans who don't have some sort of bizarre emotional attachment to cities/players as an old man do, then no.

The player most consider the GREATEST player in the game missed the playoffs outright twice, and lost in the first round three times in a row (1-9 total record) before getting a top 30 all-time player.

The same player was 1-5 overall in the playoff series against his main Eastern conference rivals. Literally one win in six tries...and dude is considered the GOAT.

I do think Jokic needs a second title to make a leap into the next tier of all-time bigs on most historical lists, at least in the eyes of the average fan, since all of them have at least two.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Am I the only one who hate the “joker” nickname? Is it his because people have a tough time pronouncing a soft j?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Any objective NBA enthusiast has him outside the top 100 players ever.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

tbh he's probably excited to be heading home early to tend to his farm & horses.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:50 pm Am I the only one who hate the “joker” nickname? Is it his because people have a tough time pronouncing a soft j?
It is kind of dumb when people make up nicknames based off of the name of the person instead of some sort of defining characteristic.

Jokic is basically the exact opposite of a joker, but someone got all excited because they noticed the first couple of letters are the same in both words and spit it out.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The nickname Joker has been ruined for me when it comes to anyone except Joker from Blood In Blood Out (all-time GOAT movie for me):

"heyyyyyy Joker"

lol

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

If you look at basketball reference Joker is his least goofy nickname
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:08 pm The nickname Joker has been ruined for me when it comes to anyone except Joker from Blood In Blood Out (all-time GOAT movie for me):

"heyyyyyy Joker"

lol

Watched this twice in just the past 2 weeks. Beautiful movie, all 3 hours of it. I think i fell in love with the slang right away back in the day when 1st viewed. I went to visit el pino in East Los to pay my respects to Vatos Locos real spit.

That said, I’m curious how Wallace was supposed to hit Montana in his Delano stop when he was only gonna be there for a day?

What were the odds he’d be in a transient cell next to Montana’s that day? What are the odds Momtana had to stop outside his cell to comb his hair (as opposed to doing that in his own cell), and the officer cuffed him to Wallace’s cell? What corrections cop does that lol.

What were the odds of that hit being successful?

Chal’e
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 pm
Watched this twice in just the past 2 weeks. Beautiful movie, all 3 hours of it. I think i fell in love with the slang right away back in the day when 1st viewed. I went to visit el pino in East Los to pay my respects to Vatos Locos real spit.

That said, I’m curious how Wallace was supposed to hit Montana in his Delano stop when he was only gonna be there for a day?

What were the odds he’d be in a transient cell next to Montana’s that day? What are the odds Momtana had to stop outside his cell to comb his hair (as opposed to doing that in his own cell), and the officer cuffed him to Wallace’s cell? What corrections cop does that lol.

What were the odds of that hit being successful?

Chal’e
I've also heard from people who have done time in CA state prison (let alone Quentin) that all the homo stuff is basically an automatic death sentence from your car/race, contrary to homoerotic fantasy dramas like Oz.

Big Al busting cheeks would have made him an outcast at best, and green-lighted at worst.

There are things here and there that don't make sense, but all the interpersonal relationships were really well told (IMO), and that's where the story shines.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Rick Smits if he played in the 90s

Weak era
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 pm If you anchor everything to a common standard, which is what fans who don't have some sort of bizarre emotional attachment to cities/players as an old man do, then no.

The player most consider the GREATEST player in the game missed the playoffs outright twice, and lost in the first round three times in a row (1-9 total record) before getting a top 30 all-time player.
Jordan's playoff opponents (his first 3 years in the league) were all VASTLY SUPERIOR to Joker's playoff competition the past 2 seasons.

Also that "top 30 player" averaged 13/6/4/48% from 1988 through 1990... you know, the one who saved Jordan's career and taught him how to win.

:lol:

To put that in perspective, the Nuggets' 4th option (Aaron Gordon) averaged 14/7/4/45% this year.

Put another way, Jordan's "Top 30" teammate (circa 88-90) was basically = the Nuggets 4th best player today.

Put in even simpler terms... go grab some bench, rookie.

:asskicking:

:pimp:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:08 pm babbling
He literally has a 17 percent winning rate against his two primary rivals in the East

There is no legend in history who is light years behind his two chiefs rivals in winning the damn game that has such an elevated status. Kareem and Magic were 2-1 against Bird. Bird was competitive with a slightly worse team to Kareem and Magic. Duncan got some licks on Shaq/Kobe and vice versa. Lebron got some on the Celtics, Spurs, and Warriors at different times. Hakeem got Shaq, Ewing, and D-Rob. Russell beat Wilt like a drum.

The closest thing we have to Jordan in terms of losing to rivals is Wilt, who is a back end top 10 player all-time.

He did a great job of just kind of standing there until the real legends and heroes died off though. Very impressive stuff.