Anger General Greatest NBA Coaches of All-Time #2

Talk about anything here.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Anger General Greatest NBA Coaches of All-Time #2

Post by dwcmwa »

The results are in. Phil Jackson was voted the Greatest NBA Coach of All-Time.

Greatest NBA Head Coaches of All Time list:

1. Phil Jackson = http://www.angergeneral.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=32214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vote for your #2 coach of all time posting the said coach's name from the list of candidates below:

Pat Riley

Red Auerbach = 6 votes

Greg Popovich = 4 votes

Larry Brown

Chuck Daly

Total Votes = 10 votes
Last edited by dwcmwa on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Re: Anger General Greatest NBA Coaches of All-Time #2

Post by dwcmwa »

My vote here is for Red Auerbach: 9 titles and the architect behind one of the greatest dynasties in NBA History.

CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

this should be "the coach who had the best players" its always the players that make the coach not the other way around
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

CleveTown™ wrote:this should be "the coach who had the best players" its always the players that make the coach not the other way around
It works both ways.

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

You couldn't find a picture that features only Jackson?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Pop, who is my personal GOAT.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

As much as I like Riley, have to go with Red and his 9 titles.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:You couldn't find a picture that features only Jackson?
This kind of biased homerism is part of the reason why dwc cannot be trusted to run any types of polls.
Wishbone
Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Wishbone »

Greg Popovich
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Pops, with all due respect to Riley and Red.

Won consistently since he entered the league and with different styles. Made bums good role players consistently.

It's PJax at 1a and Pops at 1b for me.

So Pops.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

I don't see a reasonable argument for any anyone other than Red Auerbach. That's not a disrespect towards any other head coach on the list, but rather a testament to the overwhelming level of success that his teams had and the way that he is THE pioneer of the NBA game in several different aspects.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:I don't see a reasonable argument for any anyone other than Red Auerbach. That's not a disrespect towards any other head coach on the list, but rather a testament to the overwhelming level of success that his teams had and the way that he is THE pioneer of the NBA game in several different aspects.
I disagree. The fact Russell won two titles as player coach says a ton to me.

If you want to make it all time GM poll, then I'm good with Red. But it's an all time coach poll.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

y2ktors wrote:I don't see a reasonable argument for any anyone other than Red Auerbach. That's not a disrespect towards any other head coach on the list, but rather a testament to the overwhelming level of success that his teams had and the way that he is THE pioneer of the NBA game in several different aspects.

Agreed. And to those picking Popazits, granted he's a great coach, but it's not like he was coaching bums his whole career. Guy has had Timmy for a loooooooong time now, and Duncan is kinda sorta good.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Agreed. And to those picking Popazits, granted he's a great coach, but it's not like he was coaching bums his whole career. Guy has had Timmy for a loooooooong time now, and Duncan is kinda sorta good.
Russell is arguably GOAT. Cousy and Sharman weren't bad. Red didn't win shit until Russell came along and his 9 titles all had Russell. Russell coached himself to two more.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Riley won in 06 with Wade and a bunch of bums.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Russell is arguably GOAT. Cousy and Sharman weren't bad. Red didn't win shit until Russell came along and his 9 titles all had Russell. Russell coached himself to two more.

I mean I get that, but it goes along with what I was saying about Pop. I'd wager that Timmy is on Russell's level, especially a prime Timmy. Pop had Timmy pretty much his entire coaching career, not to mention Robinson for a spell, Manu, Parker, Bowen, an assortment of role players..... I guess the problem I have with the Popovich selection is, people come across like he had lesser talent than the other GOAT candidate coaches, but that's false. Pop always had pretty stacked teams, IMO.
Kevin
All-Star

Post by Kevin »

dwcmwa wrote:My vote here is for Red Auerbach: 9 titles and the architect behind one of the greatest dynasties in NBA History.
One of the greatest dynasties? They are the greatest dynasty in the NBA period, it's not even remotely debatable. I'd go one step further and say they are the greater dynasty in sports history.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I disagree. The fact Russell won two titles as player coach says a ton to me.

If you want to make it all time GM poll, then I'm good with Red. But it's an all time coach poll.
Russell only took what Red had put together and basically left it alone. It worked so why change it? But That's his only coaching success outside of 2 seasons of 43-39 with Seattle.

I get that the fact that they kept winning without Red could kind of raise a brow or two BUT he built the franchise to have continued success thru his philosophy.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Kevin
All-Star

Post by Kevin »

Odogg wrote:Riley won in 06 with Wade and a bunch of bums.
Yeah, Wade AND Shaq AND the refs too.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

60s Celtics are the greatest NBA Dynasty. But better than the Ruth Yankees? Or what about the Joe D/Mantle Yankees?

Wasn't the NBA kinda small back then too?