Has The Joker Lost A Little Luster With Last Night's Loss?

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: Has The Joker Lost A Little Luster With Last Night's Loss?

Post by Uncontroversial »

yeah we all glazed him a bit too much. He had a 3-4 year excellent prime. He's already lost some of his magic at 29. He's neck and neck with Giannis and Dirk all time.
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Uncontroversial wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm yeah we all glazed him a bit too much. He had a 3-4 year excellent prime. He's already lost some of his magic at 29. He's neck and neck with Giannis and Dirk all time.
It's easy to say in hindsight they're flawed. I was about to make a post, "TheTimberwolves Had A Good Run. :( " at halftime. I'm glad I didnt. It seems "everyone" is now anointing Anthony Edwards as The One. If Minnesota wins it all we will be hearing a lot of it.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:18 pm It's easy to say in hindsight they're flawed. I was about to make a post, "TheTimberwolves Had A Good Run. :( " at halftime. I'm glad I didnt. It seems "everyone" is now anointing Anthony Edwards as The One. If Minnesota wins it all we will be hearing a lot of it.
I think the saying now is "he is him".
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:18 pm
Uncontroversial wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm yeah we all glazed him a bit too much. He had a 3-4 year excellent prime. He's already lost some of his magic at 29. He's neck and neck with Giannis and Dirk all time.
It's easy to say in hindsight they're flawed. I was about to make a post, "TheTimberwolves Had A Good Run. :( " at halftime. I'm glad I didnt. It seems "everyone" is now anointing Anthony Edwards as The One. If Minnesota wins it all we will be hearing a lot of it.
towns and goober accomplished nothing in the playoffs in their careers, so it's obvious Edwards is the reason
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:24 pm
Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:18 pm It's easy to say in hindsight they're flawed. I was about to make a post, "TheTimberwolves Had A Good Run. :( " at halftime. I'm glad I didnt. It seems "everyone" is now anointing Anthony Edwards as The One. If Minnesota wins it all we will be hearing a lot of it.
I think the saying now is "he is him".
I guess I'm not au courant. He was 6-24. That comeback was crazy. Jokic looked human. It also seemed he was getting frustrated.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Speak for yourself... "some" of us know the league purposely made it easier than ever to Score, pad Stats and execute Offense in this Era, which in turn gives the illusion that the players are so much better than they actually are, or put another way, so much better than they would actually look IF the focus of the game was centered more on Defense (like it was from the late 80's - 00's).
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

To answer the OP, it obviously depends on where you were ranking him.

Joker had an average game score of 26.2 in this series.

Larry Bird in 84 and 86 Finals was under 24.

It's funny to watch boomers trip over themselves to bash Joker directly after playing a series better than what most Boomers would consider the best and pinnacle moments of Bird's career.

Michael Jordan himself couldn't even win a single playoff series (85-87) when he had teammates on the level of current Joker, and Joker has won a ring and a boatload of playoff series. The 2024 Nuggets were nearly -9/100 possessions without Joker, and 2023 nearly -8.

http://www.82games.com/2324/23DEN16.HTM#onoff
http://www.82games.com/2122/21DEN21.HTM#onoff

Anyone thinking Joker was perfect is obviously overrating him. Anyone who thinks Joker is the best player *by miles* in 2024 is likely overrating him to a small degree, just because of how much super high talent exist in 2024. But anyone ranking him favorably to old school legends actually got *more* evidence in their favor.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

If Jokic was a brotha I doubt Bush would be spazzing out to defend his honor so vehemently.

:L
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Titan18 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:31 am If Jokic was a brotha I doubt Bush would be spazzing out to defend his honor so vehemently.
Race and the NBA across generational cohorts is literally the opposite.

Generally speaking, the anti-NBA narrative of boomers is driven by racism to a fair degree, whereby they dislike the modern NBA in large part because the "darkies" have gotten too powerful relative to the White (or Jewish) owners who had substantially more relative power in previous eras.

Boomers are happy to see Black people run fast, jump high and swing from the rim (which correlates in their minds to monkeys swinging on branches), but God forbid they use their minds, words, and influence to guide their life or give opinions about society. That's a no-no to boomers.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:50 am
Titan18 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:31 am If Jokic was a brotha I doubt Bush would be spazzing out to defend his honor so vehemently.
Race and the NBA across generational cohorts is literally the opposite.

Generally speaking, the anti-NBA narrative of boomers is driven by racism to a fair degree, whereby they dislike the modern NBA in large part because the "darkies" have gotten too powerful relative to the White (or Jewish) owners who had substantially more relative power in previous eras.

Boomers are happy to see Black people run fast, jump high and swing from the rim (which correlates in their minds to monkeys swinging on branches), but God forbid they use their minds, words, and influence to guide their life or give opinions about society. That's a no-no to boomers.
Lol
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:18 am To answer the OP, it obviously depends on where you were ranking him.

Joker had an average game score of 26.2 in this series.

Larry Bird in 84 and 86 Finals was under 24.

It's funny to watch boomers trip over themselves to bash Joker directly after playing a series better than what most Boomers would consider the best and pinnacle moments of Bird's career.

Michael Jordan himself couldn't even win a single playoff series (85-87) when he had teammates on the level of current Joker, and Joker has won a ring and a boatload of playoff series. The 2024 Nuggets were nearly -9/100 possessions without Joker, and 2023 nearly -8.

http://www.82games.com/2324/23DEN16.HTM#onoff
http://www.82games.com/2122/21DEN21.HTM#onoff

Anyone thinking Joker was perfect is obviously overrating him. Anyone who thinks Joker is the best player *by miles* in 2024 is likely overrating him to a small degree, just because of how much super high talent exist in 2024. But anyone ranking him favorably to old school legends actually got *more* evidence in their favor.
This ^^^^

What Jokic has accomplished with relatively weak teammates is remarkable. He remains underrated.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I still have him around 13th or 14th all time, which may be a bit generous now. I think his range is 12th to 16th all time.

By the time he retires, even if he never wins another award or ring he will have ridiculous stats along with 3 RSMVPs and a FMVP.

He's probably the best offensive center ever (at least in the modern era). The argument is probably between him and Shaq and I'd give the edge to Jokic despite ranking Shaq greater on an overall all time list.

I think people tend to overreact to one series by an ATG player where they lose as a favorite despite every ATG player having at least one or two series that are below the standard they're usually held to.

Zooming out in a situation where most of the NBA viewing public is zooming in is usually a good strategy.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Jordan > Bird >>>>>>>>> Joker

This is a fact, no matter how much it upsets the BWGC.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 pm Jordan > Bird >>>>>>>>> Joker

Name one time Jordan beat Bird in the playoffs.

We’ll wait. :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Role Player

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 pm Jordan > Bird >>>>>>>>> Joker

You seem to struggle mightily with what does and does not constitute a fact.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

After all these years we still have not endorsed the fact that opinion is indeed fact. If we all took the time to embrace this reality, we would have a kumbaya moment. Griz and TDK would no longer have this daily pillow fight. :suds:
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

wailuaFC wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:50 pm Am I the only one who hate the “joker” nickname? Is it his because people have a tough time pronouncing a soft j?
He’s been Big Bird to me, seems like a more fitting name and I think Larry would co-sign it.